Using Avaya Equinox for iPhone
Handle work calls from your iPhone client
Don't Call 911 from this client
Do not make calls to 911 using this softphone client as responders will be unable to determine your location.
For best audio quality...
- Don't depend on your built-in laptop microphone for making calls. Instead, use a dedicated headset.
- Using 3G/4G for internet access or running bandwidth-intensive programs (such as a movie-streaming service) can result in poor audio quality.
Add/Delete a Contact
Cannot Search Directory
Currently there is no way to search the Enterprise Directory, so you have to add contacts manually.
To view your contacts, tap the
If no contacts are listed and you have added Contacts to your Contacts app, then you need to change your Privacy settings:
- Go to your home screen.
- Switch the slider to on (green) for Avaya Equinox.
Dial a Number
- Tap the
Phoneicon. You will see a dialpad.
- Use the dialpad to dial the number you want to call.
- Internal to Virginia Tech: Type the five-digit extension (e.g., 10123 or 20123).
- External to Virginia Tech (not long distance): Precede the phone number with 9 (e.g., 91234567).
- External and Long Distance to Virginia Tech: Type 9, then 1, and then the ten-digit phone number (e.g., 915401234567).
Call a Contact
- Tap the
- Select a contact entry.
- Click the phone icon to initiate the call.
No Contacts Listed
If you have contacts in your phone, but none are listed in Avaya Equinox, then you need to allow Avaya Equinox to access your Contacts list. To do so, go to your iPhone's Settings, Privacy, Contacts, and flip the slider so Equinox is set to green.
An unread voicemail is indicated by an illuminated red light towards the top of the softphone client.
To check your voicemail, call the number for your region.
- Blacksburg: 540-231-1000
- National Capital Region (VTRCA, NVC, LCI, EMC): 703-538-3740
- Richmond: 804-643-1326
To enter your password, display the dialpad and input the correct combination for your voicemail password:
- Click the
- Use the dialpad to enter your voicemail password and click the # button to submit your password.
Call history doesn't show deskphone history
The call history only displays entries of ingoing, outgoing, or missed calls from/to your softphone. It does not include call history from your deskphone.
To view the call history:
- Click the
- You can view certain types of calls in your log by clicking the
Filterbutton next to the recent calls button.
If you want to manage how incoming calls are handled, then click the Incoming Calls icon. From there you can:
When toggled on, any incoming calls will go straight to voicemail. Be sure to toggle this off when you want to receive calls to your phone again.
When toggled on, any incoming calls will be routed to the number you enter to forward to. Be sure to toggle this off when you want to receive calls to your phone again.
When toggled on, any incoming calls will simultaneously ring both your mobile phone and your deskphone. Be aware that minutes on this call will count towards your mobile provder's plan.